The DASH service provides help and support for young people up to the age of 25 who would like support with their drugs or alcohol use.
Substance use can easily become problematic and start negatively affecting your life. Think that could never happen for you? Try answering a few questions in our CRAFFT assessment below to see if you are at risk of this happening.
- C– Have you ever ridden in a CAR driven by someone (including yourself) who was ‘high’ or had been using alcohol or drugs?
- R– Do you ever use alcohol/drugs to RELAX, feel better about yourself, or fit in?
- A– Do you ever use alcohol/drugs while you are by yourself, ALONE
- F– Do you ever FORGET things you did while using alcohol or drugs?
- F-Do your FAMILY or FRIENDS ever tell you that you should cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- T– Have you ever got into TROUBLE while you were using alcohol or drugs?
If you answered yes to two or more questions then you might want to think about making some changes – you might have even started thinking this already. Get in touch and let us know – we’re here to help.
The DASH service can give you a wide range of information, advice, support and counselling. You can learn more about any substances you are using, their effects and risks, and learn how to keep yourself safe if you are using drugs or alcohol. You could also receive one to one support with your own support worker at home, school, college or university, or a place you feel comfortable – it’s up to you.
If you decide you want to change your substance using habits, the DASH team can get you involved in all sorts of activities including therapeutic groups like these, sports, and cooking. DASH can also offer harm reduction advice and needle exchange to young people under 25.
To download an information leaflet click here
How to get help
Read how the DASH service helped Sarah when her drinking got out of control…
You can get in touch with the DASH team and let them know that you would like some support from them.