Buzz involves young people in discussions about the risks involved in drinking alcohol or using substances in order to equip them with the information they need to make healthy choices. There is an emphasis on exploring ways they can enjoy themselves without substances by participating in alternative activities.
Buzz is delivered by the DASH team at No Limits. Through Buzz, the team delivers lessons, assemblies and outreach sessions at schools, youth clubs, community centres, and other youth groups across Southampton to young people aged 14 to 15 years old.
Feedback on BUZZ workshops
- “One thing I would change is seriously thinking about whether it is even necessary beforehand to take drugs or drink alcohol.”
- “I wouldn’t take drugs but when I start drinking alcohol I will be careful on the amount of units I drink.”
- “when I start drinking I will manage the amount I drink.”
- “prioritising my choices before drinking or taking drugs.”
- “I thought alcohol was better than it is, this workshop has taught me a lot.”
- “really informative session, I have learnt a lot.”
- “demonstrations were good and so were the explanations.”
- “fun and great activities I wouldn’t take drugs in the future now.
To find out more
- Phone 02380 224224
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org