Having difficulties that are affecting your school life? Looking for a job, training or an opportunity to go to college?
No Limits can help. You can pop in to our Advice Centre without making an appointment, where you can:
- Get help with updating your CV.
- Search for jobs online.
- Get support with anything that is stopping you from getting in to work or training.
- Use our phone, photocopier, stamps and envelopes to help you apply for jobs.
We also run drop-in sessions in schools and colleges across Southampton where you can talk to us about your options for education, employment or training – no appointment needed.
Covid19 Update: Work Club is currently not taking place, however you can continue to access advice and support with work, apprenticeships, training or volunteering opportunities by contacting us via phone, email, web chat or by making an appointment to visit our Advice Centre for one-to-one support.
If you’re 16-25 and you’d like to get full time or part time work, an apprenticeship, training or voluntary work, come along to our Work Club which runs every Thursday at our Advice Centre from 2-4pm.
Work Club is an opportunity for you to receive help whatever stage you’re at; from exploring career ideas; finding vacancies or opportunities all the way through the application and interview stages and beyond. We have teamed up with other providers including local businesses (e.g Barclays Bank), Further Education Colleges, and community groups to offer work experience, voluntary opportunities and taster sessions.
The project offers you:
- Access to the Internet and help looking for vacancies.
- Help setting up your own e-mail address.
- Support in writing and printing CVs
- Support filling out application forms and covering letters
- Training for phone and face-to-face interviews.
- Referrals to training and local work experience opportunities.
- Referrals to other support services provided by No Limits if needed.
- Information on volunteering opportunities.
Ready to move forward
I have gained a lot of confidence & come a long way from where I began – I now give stuff a go, even when I’m nervous or unsettled