Our Advice Centre is open today from 10am – 8pm
Crime & Violence
Youth Workers at our Advice Centre are trained to help with anti-social behaviour. They are able to give you information, support and advice if you are a victim or survivor of crime, concerned about the actions of others or would like to change your own actions.
Counselling will also be available if you feel that would help you.
We won’t talk to anyone outside of No Limits about anything you tell us, unless there is a serious risk of harm to you or another person.
Our Next Steps project supports young people up to the age of 25 on a one-to-one basis who are at risk of, or have been involved in serious violence, who want to achieve a better life by changing their behaviours and relationships with others.
Our youth workers will build up a trusting relationship with you, tailor their support to your needs and work with you to create a personal action plan for what you want to achieve, through up to six months of weekly support sessions.
Youth workers can support you with a range of things including:
– Increasing resilience and self-esteem
– Building protective factors
– Help establishing supportive and positive behaviours
– Creating positive social networks and relationships
– Developing skills like decision-making, planning and time management
– Education, employment and training opportunities
– Signposting and referring you to other support services
– Substance use
– Reducing the risk of re-offending
Where can I get support from Next Steps?
Next Steps supports young people in Basingstoke, Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight.
Who is Next Steps for?
Anyone under the age of 25 living in the above areas, who would benefit from support to reduce their risk of being involved in serious violence.