Drugs and alcohol

Are you worried about the impact of substances on any Southampton based young person?

Whoever you are, we can help

Young people concerned about their own substance use

Has your substance use gone from being fun to being a problem? Are substances making the rest of life hard – are your relationships suffering? Is all of your money being spent on substances?

If yes, and you want to talk to someone about what you can do to make things better, you can drop in to our Advice Centre without making an appointment and speak in confidence to one of our trained workers. We have a range of support available – you might be able to receive specialist support, counselling and activities through our DASH service. We also provide support in schools and colleges in Southampton through our BUZZ service, where lessons, assemblies and outreach sessions are delivered to young people aged 14 to 15 to educate them about the risks involved in drinking alcohol or using substances.

See the bottom of the page for how to get help

Young people concerned about a parent, carer or family member’s substance use

Are you 11-16, worried about someone at home who is using substances – drugs, NPS, alcohol or anything else? Do you sometimes feel that no-one else understands what that’s like? Would you like to meet other young people like you, and have fun, maybe do some activities?

We offer support to young people just like you every school holiday. You don’t have to talk about what’s going on at home but if you want to, we won’t judge you or anyone else.

See the bottom of the page for how to get help – you also might want to visit COAP‘s welcoming, safe, and supportive online community.

Parents or carers concerned about a young person’s substance use

Are you the parent or carer of a young person aged 11-25 whose substance use is worrying you? Is their substance use impacting on other people in the family?

We can help you think about how you respond to that young person and help you find ways to respond supportively. It can be hard to know how to help someone who you love who appears to be struggling – we understand that it can be tough to know what to do for the best if you’re worried, angry or upset.

See the bottom of the page for how to get help

If you are a teacher or other professional looking for services and sessions about substances, please click here.

We are happy to talk to anyone who is worried about any aspect of substance use affecting any young person in Southampton. Even if you are not from one of the groups listed above, please call us on 023 80224 224 if you want to talk or contact us using this online form

How to get help

  • Come along to our Advice Centre – no need to make an appointment.
  • Call us on 02380 224224
  • Email us with your drug and alcohol related questions or concerns
  • If you are a young people concerned about a parent, carer or family member’s substance use, you can refer yourself to us using this form. If you are under 16 you will need consent from your parent, carer or social worker.
  • Get in touch with our DASH service for specialist support